I used to seek teachings, masters, and even boyfriends to be my authorities so I wouldn't have to be responsible for my feelings, purpose, and creative life.
I had an unconscious belief that by being interested and involved in meaningful, conscious, evolved and spiritually-oriented pursuits, that it meant that I was a good person, I was enough.
I basically equated seeking with worthiness.
So what it really meant to me, “to be a seeker”, was that I was not enough to be my own authority. That what I feel and know inside is not valid or worthy of approval, and that I had to find something outside of myself to be acceptable.
I gave myself over to teachings and teachers. I submitted to rules and the roles I played; to social expectations, dogma, and even books.
[Caveat… there’s nothing wrong with learning or getting help. The distinction here is when we place these tools, people and ideas as higher in value to our own natural, organic internal navigation system.]
Why do we submit our authority to others, even in the most subtle ways?
* It’s scary to listen down and in, only to discover that your inner alignment is out of resonance with the outer reality you’ve created, agreed to, allowed…
* We block the internal guidance because it may inspire us toward taking actions that disrupt our status quo.
* It feels overwhelming to take responsibility for our feelings and choices when we don’t have the tools to even access / identify our [authentic] feelings, let alone cope with them.
* It requires safety, support and community to metabolize our pain, fear, and shadows and you may not have that support.
* It takes courage to listen to what stirs in your own soul, so putting your attention on something external can provide a distraction, and a sense of purpose.
* We may have shame around what we really want, and keep our desires, even our most passionate ones, hidden and secret. (think of all that potent energy locked up in that!!!)
* It seems easier to keep drama, confusion, and pain (the avoidance of truth) in the forefront, because then you don’t have to focus on creating what you want.
Be a seeker, and relinquish the power of your own creative soul.
Be your own authority, and access the creative power of your life.
My upcoming program is for women who want to come home to themselves: heart, body and soul.
I won't tell you who to be or how to be.
I will help you ACCESS who you are, how you feel, and what you WANT ~ so you can begin creating a life that represents what you discover about yourself.
If you're resonating, you're likely ready to talk to me.
I'm offering a free call to see if we're a good fit for my up-coming 12-week course.